Saturday, May 24, 2014

Receiving Generosity

It’s the day after my birthday and I am blessed!

One of the biggest gifts I have received throughout this month is the love and generosity of my family (parents and brother) and friends

Because of my family I have a place to stay by myself this month.
Because of friends – their love, support and generosity, I have eaten many times this month.  I have always so grateful when others feed me delicious, wonderful food!

It roots me ever more so deeply in my Franciscan roots, and I begin to understand how Ego-busting it is to ask (humility), to depend on others (poverty) and the in the process build community and love

So my batik today is one of community

It is friends who kept me hopeful and trusting.  I spent my birthday with Joy and Alba (two friends I met here in London) who walked with me to the bus stop and waited for the bus with me; then lunch with Marlini and Thira (two friends from high school and university); then a conference call reconnecting with my Spiritual Directors International (SDI) New Contemplative community – Terri, Sarah, Lauren, Christina, Yael, Lance and Christianne.
They and their presence in my life gives me energy to love, trust, believe and hope.

This long weekend (Sat – Mon) I shall continue to connect with other friends and other people I love

And another happy note is the fact that a few friends have recently asked for more copies of my book and I have already received generous donations from others for my books and paintings.  This love, hope, faith is hence also grounded in the money I receive.

Thank you, God for the gifts of my friends and family in my life

No comments:

Post a Comment