Sunday, May 4, 2014

Starting My Open Space in Solitude with the Divine and Meditating through Art

I am starting this blog as a step forward in courage to share my vulnerability with the world.
I am not a blogger
I am actually really shy about putting me and my stuff out there
But my recent AHA moment brought an awareness that to be a channel of love, I just need to trust the Universe and God and allow myself to just be that Channel of Love.

I happened to be in an open space (I don’t like words like “jobless” or “unemployed”, too much negative energy there)
So, though unexpected, I am in an open space, with all the possibilities of the world before me.
I consciously chose to be mostly alone, in what I have called my “Hibernation with God”.
 To be mostly in solitude, rest, relax, play, pray and reflection with God.

I also happen to be turning 35 later this month.
My friend, Mich said that many of us have an age that we come to and feels just right.  That’s the age that we were supposed to reach our “spiritual true age”, or something like that.
If that’s the case, then I am age 1 this year, since I felt that shift last year.
Last year was when I finally came out of the cocoon as a full-fledged butterfly in my silent retreat.  Before that, though I had already turned into a butterfly, I was still stuck in the cocoon (for at least a year!)

I meditation and pray through paintings, specifically, hand-painting batiks.
In my meditation/contemplation, I simply pick up a brush and allow the painting to unfold.  I consciously let go of planning and thinking.  My heart tells my hand what strokes to put on cloth (and as all of you who have worked with textile knows), and the wet colour continues to flow on cloth, beyond my control.

I allow the painting to speak to me.  Often, it may be years before I fully (or as close as I can) get it!

Today, apart from starting this blog, I also felt inspired to go back to my paintings from some of the significant periods in my life, starting with the paintings that were born or manifested during my 30-day silent retreat (based on the Spiritual Exercises of St Ignatius of Loyola).

Today, I shall stay with the first painting, which incidentally was the painted the first day I got there.

I share the painting with y’all above.  And I shall write out today’s reflection on this blog tomorrow.

Love, peace and blessings to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment