Saturday, May 17, 2014

Love is All Around, We Just Need to Be Aware of It

This week has been a great week for me.  I contacted friends at the perfect time, as we met up in London on different days, fitting into their personal schedule as they needed to be in London for their own personal reasons.

And of course, I was able to go for spiritual direction for the first time in months helps too.

Also great, because while it “seems” like nothing is happening for me personally on the external level, there’s a lot of undercurrent energy, loving positive energy moving.

I wrote an application and a proposal for 2 organizations, and while it’s great to be so warmly invited to submit those, I have been more authentic and true to myself and my own voice.  As for the first time really, I proposed things that were important to me, that reflected my own personal spiritual journey and not care whether they will be accepted or not.

I am learnt to more concretely live in the present, including not worrying about whether I am “receiving paid employment” or not, six months for now.  I know I am working now, and I know I shall work too in 6 months’ time, whether or not others see it as a valid “job”.

My question to myself, “Where is the Love?”  Can I see it now?

I hope I can.  Just as it was with this clay art.  When I was given this lump of clay, I thought “Oh God, I’m so not good with clay, not even with Play-Doh as a child.”

Got a little stressed at first, then just decided to “get to know” the clay and “aimlessly” played with it.  Squeezing it with my hands and twisting it into random shapes.  Not sure at what point I decided to just twist it into linked hands, in the shape of a heart.

As that was done, I could see a man and a woman holding hands, so I refined that.  Finally, it just felt right to add the baby in the basket in the middle.


Perhaps, I need to start seeing my life like that lump of clay.  Squeeze it, play with it, have FUN with it!  And begin to see “Where Love Is” in each squeeze, twist and holding.

No comments:

Post a Comment