Tuesday, May 6, 2014

God in me, me in God...a part of the whole, and the universal whole contained in a part

When we come together it is like starburst
Yet we cannot see the fireworks because
Sunlight is brighter than our hearts
But it is there
It happens nonetheless
Each time our hearts meet as one

A beautiful friend said this to me today, One cannot take on new things when our cups are full. We need to be empty first before the new things come. I imagine that there are a lot of opportunities for you in the emptiness and I hope that it is a nurturing and inspiring time.
I held her words in my heart dearly, savouring the love that came with this message.

Also, I remembered a Martha Graham quote, which over the years have given me courage to paint, to write, to self-publish my books...etc and all the things that I do:

“There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. 
And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium, and be lost. 
The world will not have it.
It is not your business to determine how good it is, nor how valuable, nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours, clearly and directly, 
to keep the channel open. 
You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep open and aware directly to the urge that motivates you.
Keep the channel open.”

I am also continuing my reading of Richard Rohr’s “Immortal Diamond”.
Today, these quote have touched me, perhaps a reflection of the present movements within my heart-space:
"Resurrection is when one moment reveals the meaning of all moments"
"Our hurts now becomes the home for our greatest hopes" – p. 84
"Love...is nothing more than endless life, is luring us forward, because love is what we also and already are and we are drawn to the fullness of our being" – p. 92 (Richard’s expansion of an idea inspired by Teilhard de Chardin, SJ)

Today, my heart continues to be filled with love and sunshine.  Especially grateful that despite the “cloudy” weather forecast for today, it’s been beautiful and sunny!  And I have been writing little notes of gratitude and appreciation for a few special people in my life.  I am aware that if not for this open space, I may not have time to write, may not have made these connections; though small deeds but they kept me in a place of constant love and joy all day.  Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment