Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Eagle Soaring, Fly Me to Where I BE

Eagle Spirit fly me up to the skies
Soar me through clouds
Over mountain ranges
Effortlessly I flow
One with You
In Your arms
Heart to heart

My eyes are closed
I trust You to know the way
Yet I see ALL through my soul-eyes
In vibrant, glorious colours
Brighter than the naked eye can take in
All the beauty that is this world
Waterfalls and rainbows
Gazelles dancing across wide, open grasslands
Whales and dolphins leaping across oceans and seas

Beautiful
Just as You are
Just as I am
…Thank you.

I remember the day I painted this I was sitting in a garden in Singapore, by the lily pond.
Enjoying the flowers.
The sound of the water.
The beauty before me.
Including the blue skies and clouds above.
And as I look up, I notice a few eagles flying, maybe three
Surprised and delighted, I thank Spirit for this gift.

Since my time in Canada, almost 18 months before that, I often see eagles.
My Canadian friends tell me that we each have a Spirit guide, often in the form of an animal you connect with, and you shall see your guide often in life.

That’s all well and fine in beautiful British Columbia, but here in this urban, concrete jungle?
And hence the more significant they are to me.  Guiding me, comforting me, loving me, assuring me in that first week of my 30-day silent retreat. 
As they are doing again today.

Now that I look back, I realised that since then I had actually “moved in” with them, or their cousins, the kites where they have a nest at the retreat centre on Cheung Chau Island, Hong Kong.

Today, I feel myself again.  When I first arrived in Hong Kong, a spiritual friend, called me “a breath of fresh air”. 
I don’t think that’s what I have been in the last 2 years, but today, I feel light…closer to air.  I can own this today.

I know not what the future holds,
But I embrace it!
I let go of where I am to be based.
God, you fly me, soar me there
Bring me where I can best be
Your channel of Love
Thank you, thank you, thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment